Getting to your data
GDPR is supposed to give us full access to our data. Yet, this is not quite the case.
I was finally able to get my data from the GP after:
- Making a request to my GP that was ignored
- Changed GP asking to get access to my data, to which they agreed.
- Then request, after request was ignored (by phone, in person, by email, and through an eConsult).
- I kept being referred to the practice manager who duly avoided me
- Made a complaint
- Complaint was ignored
- Referred the matter to the Information Commissioner through a complaint
- The ICO uphelp my complaint.
It was not until this stage that I was given access to my data. And even then, there are a lot of edits that have been made just in the few days previous to my request.
It took 18 months and a lot of stress, but finally received the records the other day.
It is unsettling to see the data related to my gaslighting going back 3 years. So, now the battle continues in trying to get a proper diagnosis.
If you have to make a complaint, or request your data, here are some links:
To share your stories, please fill in the form, or send me an email
Post a Comment